To establish, Mumbai is my first love! That city is and always by my first love! I may not ever live there again, but that does not mean I will ever stop loving it. Its like falling in love with people. You fall in love with multiple people over the course of your lifetime. However, you never forget your first!
I was sent to San Francisco for my training in June, 2011. This is not my first time there. Honestly, I have stopped counting the number of times I have visited SF, as most of the world calls it. You would think that a successful consulting firm would provide you a nice hotel room that you can use to shag any man you want. Guess what, I had to SHARE my room!
It was disappointing. There I was in the gay capital of the U.S and I did not have my room. How would I use grindr to find me a fuck? How will I get him over? Soon I realized, I had to behave and I did! I had an Asian undergrad as my roommate. He was a nice guy, cute, not my type though. His name was Jesse.
It did not take long for Jesse and I to connect. We checked in late at night and got into our room. Soon we were down drinking beers and sharing stories. It was fun to learn about his culture and family. He lived in OC- really, where is the element of surprise there? I pakaoed him with my India stories. Poor man, he was curious to know.
The training was not bad. Was with kids that were in their early 20's. I almost forgot how it felt to be under drinking age. I envied those bastards! Some who were enjoying being 21, wanted a go "Bar Hopping". Like every place, in this situation too, there was a straight man ready to impress the "girls" by taking them around. Really? Ofcourse he was lost in the city. He did not know a damn thing!
Irish pub to Japan town to China town to 3AM and 5 bars down, I was drunk(ish) and ready to call it a night. Next day, some more training and the Giants game. Now I do not care for baseball, I only care for balls (rather nuts). Figured I would show my presence, share a beer or two and leave to meet my lovelies- K&K- Kaushal and Khush.
K&K had recently moved to SF. I was the first to visit their gorgeous apartment. Food, wine and catching up. What more can you ask for? Not much really. On my way back, I did run into a cute guy. Would have fucked him, but he told his age (23). For the record, I don't sleep with younger men, at least not yet. We settled for a kiss and I went back to the hotel.
Last day of training was over and so was I ready to get back home. It was a short, yet a good trip to SF.
For the note, the food we were served was pathetic! Same old catered non sense.
My traveling has just begun... my journey to become worldly had just begun...


This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis is going to be interesting reading, I can just tell. What cracked me up the most is your outrage about having to share the room!
ReplyDeleteViel glück liebe ;)